Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Overall Evaluation

Robert Frost is worthy of studying because of his attention to detail that make poems come to life. People can see real life examples of Frost’s poems. Right know I am standing at a cross road in my life; currently I am deciding between two different colleges yet similar. Like in The Road Not Taken the traveler also had to make a decision between two roads. Robert Frost also makes you think more deeply about meanings and symbolism. In the Dust of Snow, Frost made me wonder how a crow dropping snow on ones head would brighten ones day. After future research and examination I learned that the man was suicidal going to a hemlock tree, which are poisonous. When the crow symbolizing fear and death decided to shake down pure white snow on the man it gave him insight on life to continue living. Only experienced poets could fit a deep story into a short poem.

Nothing challenged my faith concerning Jesus Christ. However, my viewpoint of the world is slightly changed. I want to be more aware of my surroundings and see the poems come to life. Like Amy Lowell wrote in On Frost’s Realistic Technique “Mr. Frost’s work is almost photographic… reproduced directly from life.” What would my experiences be like if they were written down into a poetic form? Thinking about the future I want to make the most of it. Some experiences I go through will change me like the crow (Dust of Snow) did for Robert Frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment